You can’t just have plain pizza for Halloween! Your pizza needs to be as spooky as the day! Our Halloween Eyeball Pizza fits the bill with mozzarella and olive eyeballs. Our eyeball pizza is ghoulish enough to give you a little fright!
Everyone loves pizza so why not make it a little bit spooky and eat pizza on Halloween too! It’s time for a Halloween pizza party!
Kids will love a pizza with eyes after a long day of trick or treating!
I crack myself up with this recipe! I mean really, how did I even come up with this Halloween pizza idea? Here’s looking at ya kid!
Our eyeball pizza really is also great to serve at a Halloween party, as an after school snack before venturing out into the neighborhood to trick or treat, and oh so nice to come home to after going door to door for all that candy!
Because really, isn’t a bloodshot eyeball pizza the perfect addition to your Halloween celebration?
Kids will love making their own Halloween mini pizza! Just assemble all of the ingredients, along with mini pizza crusts, and let them have some fun.
And really now, we all know that both kids and adults will love a slice of this creepy pizza with olives and cheese that’s looking right up at you!
So make it a spooky and delicious Halloween this year!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Be sure to check out the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for more GG kitchen recommendations!
Watch out folks, it’s getting spooky around here!
Not a fan of green olives? You can easily swap out the olives, and use one of the following, although you may need to cut some of them to fit in the mozzarella:
- Bell peppers
- Black olives
- Cooked bacon pieces
- Pineapple pieces
- Red onion
How to make a Halloween pizza
Scroll down for the full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts in the recipe card below
- Preheat oven to 450F. Coat pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Place crust on prepared pan. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella and bocconcini halves, flat sides down.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Place olive slices in middle of each bocconcini to form “eyeballs”.
- Bake until cheese is melted and crust is heated through.
- Place reserved pizza sauce in small plastic ziplock bag. Snip of one corner. Pipe sauce on bocconcini eyeballs for “bloodshot” effect.
Halloween pizza ideas
- Make appetizer pizza bites using rolled out biscuits and one or two eyeballs on each
- Cut black olives to make spiders as a topping for your pizza
- After topping the crust with sauce and lots of shredded cheese, pipe additional sauce on top in the shape of a spider web
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Make with your favorite homemade pizza dough recipe
- Flavor with chopped fresh basil after baking
- Use individual pizza crust for Halloween mini pizzas
Ingredients for Halloween pizza
- prepared pizza crust, such as Boboli
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- pimento-stuffed green olives
Recipes for a Halloween party
Kids will love our Hot Dog Spaghetti Spiders for their Halloween dinner! Simply thread spaghetti through hot dogs, cook and serve tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese, marinara sauce or just ketchup. An easy recipe that’s fun for kids to eat!
No-Bake Spooky Spider Cookies are the perfect addition to your Halloween celebration this year! With their big googly eyes and creepy little legs, these no-bake Halloween cookies with be the hit of your ghoulish celebration. Kids will love gobbling up our Oreo Halloween treats!
Halloween Ghost Brownies will be a spooky addition to your Halloween festivities! An easy recipe for homemade brownies with a whipped topping and sugar eyes, these Halloween brownies will be a ghostly sweet treat for everyone.
Preheat oven to 450F. Coat pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce.
Place crust on prepared pan. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella and bocconcini halves, flat sides down.
Bake 10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Place olive slices in middle of each bocconcini to form “eyeballs”.
Bake additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is heated through.
Place reserved pizza sauce in small plastic ziplock bag. Snip of one corner. Pipe sauce on bocconcini eyeballs for “bloodshot” effect.
Makes 6 servings.
First Published: October 29, 2014... Last Updated September 15, 2021