It's been said that you should eat a rainbow of colors for good nutrition. These gorgeous carrots in rainbow colors caught my eye as I strolled down the produce aisle. A bag full of nutrition! Purple carrots contain anthocyanin, a powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidant that gives them their purple color. Orange carrots are filled with beta and alpha carotene which promotes Vitamin A production by the body. Yellow carrots provide lutein which is linked to better eye health. Red carrots include lycopene, an antioxidant that lowers your risk of cancer. White carrots contain fiber which promotes healthy digestion. All carrots provide Vitamin C, Vitamin K and potassium. Tarragon Rainbow Carrots is a dish full of nutrition and beautiful colors of the rainbow!
Tarragon Rainbow Carrots
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, kosher salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes or until shallots begin to soften.
- Add wine and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots, cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and toss with remaining 1 Tbs. butter and tarragon.