Just in time for Friday movie night or this weekend's football game day......Cheesy Pepperoni Pinwheels! Easy as could be to make with crescent dough, these pinwheels are cheesy with a hint of pepperoni spiciness all rolled up in a tender flaky crescent dough. It's a little bit of melt-in-your-mouth heaven in every bite!
Cheesy Pepperoni Pinwheels
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 tube (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent recipe creations seamless dough sheet, Pillsbury
1/4 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In bowl combine cream cheese, mozzarella, pepperoni and basil until blended.
3. On lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough sheet. Top with pepperoni mixture, spreading evenly over dough. Sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs.
4. Beginning at long side, roll up dough. Using serrated knife cut into 16 slices. Arrange on prepared pan, cut sides up.
5. Bake 15 minutes or until dough is golden and cheeses are melted.
Makes 16 pinwheels.
Disclosure: Posts may include affiliate links. Swirls of Flavor earns a few cents on the dollar if readers purchase the items I recommend at no additional cost to you.