Welcome back to our third and final Reindeer Recipes Blog Tour of the season! I’ve partnered again with 7 of my blogger friends for another holiday Reindeer Recipes blog tour especially for you! If you arrived at Swirls of Flavor from my friend Marsha at M Jones Style, welcome! We have more fabulous recipes and entertaining tips for you this week!
Everyone loves receiving a foodie gift for the holidays especially when you made it with love for them. Gifts from the heart always mean the most and taking the time to make Candy Cane Fudge will show how much you care. So easy to make, all you need is a microwave and just six ingredients!
Sweetened condensed milk mixes with bittersweet chocolate for a rich chocolate layer that compliments a top layer of sweetened condensed milk with white chocolate chips that’s adorned with bits of green and red candy cane and enhanced with a few drops of peppermint extract. That’s it! Pick up some pretty holiday tins and you’re all set with a gift that’s thoughtful, delicious, beautiful and from the heart all in one!
And be sure to hop on over and visit Tamyra at Positively Southern, Shelly at ConfettiStyle, Brittany at Brittany’s Pantry, Pat at Life at Lydia’s House , Heather at Totally Tailgates and Marsha at M Jones Style for more stops on our Reindeer Recipes tour! #reindeerrecipes
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 bag (10 ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 6 (6-inch long) red and green candy canes, crushed, 1/2 cup, divided
- 1/8 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine 1 can sweetened condensed milk and bittersweet chocolate chips. Microwave 1 minute at half power and then in 10 second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth and melted. Spread in prepared pan.
- Set aside 3 Tablespoons of crushed candy canes. In another microwave-safe bowl combine 1 can sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips. Microwave 1 minute at half power andthen in 10 second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth and melted. Stir remaining crushed candy canes into white chocolate mixture. Stir in peppermint extract. Carefully spread over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with reserved 3 Tablespoons crushed candy canes gently pressing into top of fudge.
- Refrigerate until set, 6-8 hours. Cut into 36 pieces.
- To pack fudge for gift giving, separate layers of fudge with wax or parchment paper. Keep refrigerated.