What better way for Dad to enjoy his Father’s Day than by letting him relax while you take over his grill? And when you make this Grilled Steak & Potatoes Salad with Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing he’ll be very happy you did! Just make the dressing and arrange the romaine, tomatoes and red onion on your serving platter ahead of time and refrigerate until the steak and potatoes are grilled and ready to add to the platter. Serve with crusty bread and a bottle of wine and everyone will be happy on Father’s Day! To three of my sons who are dads, I am so proud of the amazing fathers you all are, and to my dad who I miss every day and all the dads out there, Happy Happy Father’s Day! It’s you day, kick your feet up and enjoy!
Grilled Steak & Potatoes Salad with Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing
1 envelope (1.0 oz.) Ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
6 Campari tomatoes, quartered, about 9 ounces
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
3 medium baking potatoes
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 lbs. London broil
1. In bowl combine Ranch dressing mix, milk, sour cream, shredded Parmesan and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Arrange romaine, tomatoes and red onion on serving platter. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Preheat grill for direct-heat grilling.
4. Microwave potatoes until just tender, 4-5 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise. Brush cut sides of potatoes with olive oil. Reserve.
5. Combine chili powder, cumin, paprika and kosher salt. Rub both sides of London broil with spice mixture.
6. Grill London broil until desired doneness, turning once. London broil will be medium-rare when meat thermometer reads 145F. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
7. While steak is resting, arrange potatoes, cut side down, on grill. Grill until tender and potatoes have grill marks, 3-4 minutes. Cut into bite-size chunks.
8. Arrange steak and potatoes on serving platter. Serve with prepared salad dressing.