Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is an easy dinner recipe bursting with all the flavors of a cheeseburger! Made with basic kitchen ingredients, seasoned ground beef combines with cheese, pickles and tater tots for a fun family friendly recipe.
Easy Cheeseburger Casserole
Our cheeseburger casserole with pickles isn’t just for kids! Kids and adults will all love the flavors of a cheeseburger topped with crispy nuggets of potatoes and a drizzle of ketchup all together in a casserole!
A tomato studded ground beef mixture is topped with a layer of cheese, pickles and tater tots! And really now, who can resist that? Dinner will be lots of fun for everyone tonight!
I guarantee you’ll be making this recipe over and over because it will quickly become a family favorite. So why not change it up with these easy additions and substitutions:
- Crispy bacon – makes it a bacon cheeseburger casserole
- Taco seasoning and salsa – makes it a taco casserole
- Pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese – makes it a pizza cheeseburger casserole
- Buffalo sauce – makes it a buffalo cheeseburger casserole
- Barbecue sauce and onions - makes it a barbecue cheeseburger casserole
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- ground beef
- canned diced tomatoes
- kosher salt
- cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices
- tater tots
More fun for kids recipes
Make lunch or dinner super fun today! Deep Dish Spaghetti and Meatballs Pizza is a twist on the traditional spaghetti and meatballs dinner. Spaghetti is your pizza crust and meatballs are your topping along with cheese and sauce. An easy recipe that’s fun for kids and adults!
Cheeseburger Empanadas are an easy appetizer recipe bursting with a ground beef, ketchup and cheese filling. Every bite is filled with the flavors of a cheeseburger making Cheeseburger Empanadas ideal for the big game and the perfect kid friendly snack too!
Our Spaghetti and Meatball Soup recipe is a fun twist on the all-time favorite comfort food. All the elements of traditional spaghetti and meatball recipes, spaghetti, meatballs and tomatoes, are combined in a bowl of soup! An easy recipe that’s on the table in less than 30 minute and so much fun for kids too!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook ground beef and onion in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned; drain any fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1/4 cup ketchup, kosher salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture is thick and saucy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with cheese, pickles and tater tots.
- Bake 25 minutes or until tater tots are heated through and crispy, cheese is melted and beef mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Drizzle with remaining ketchup.