Peppermint and chocolate…..two of my favorite holiday flavors! Combine them and top with adorable little snowmen for a fabulously delicious holiday treat! Both kids and adults will fall in love with these little snowmen brownies and they will surely become a holiday favorite in your house. Happy holidays!
Peppermint Snowmen Brownies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Brownies: Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9-inch square or 7″ by 11″ rectangle baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine butter and unsweetened chocolate in pot over medium heat and cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in granulated sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla and salt, stirring until blended and smooth. Transfer to prepared baking pan.
4. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Using foil overhang, lift brownies from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
5. Peppermint Frosting: With mixer on medium beat butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat until blended. Add milk and peppermint extract and beat until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
6. Frost brownies. Top with cake sparkles. Cut into 12 pieces. Top each piece with a snowman icing decoration.