Our Candy Cane Fudge recipe is the perfect holiday dessert for gift-giving and serving! A rich chocolate layer is topped with candy cane studded white chocolate making our peppermint fudge an easy to make dessert and the perfect Christmas fudge gift to give!
Candy Cane Fudge Recipe
Christmas fudge gifts are high on my list for gift giving and receiving too.
Feel free to make me some peppermint fudge because everyone loves receiving a foodie gift for the holidays, myself included, especially when you make it with love.
Gifts from the heart always mean the most and taking the time to make our white chocolate peppermint fudge will show just how much you care.
So easy to make, all you need is a microwave and just six ingredients!
Sweetened condensed milk mixes with bittersweet chocolate for a rich chocolate layer that compliments a top layer of sweetened condensed milk with white chocolate chips.
Flavored with a few drops of peppermint extract and adorned with bits of green and red candy cane, our holiday fudge is sure to please and so easy to make.
This easy peppermint fudge recipe, similar to a peppermint bark fudge, will quickly become a holiday favorite.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Pick up some pretty holiday tins and you're all set with an edible gift that's thoughtful, delicious, beautiful and from the heart all in one!
Everyone will be looking forward to your Christmas fudge gifts!
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's kitchen recommendations!
How to pack fudge to give as a gift
To pack fudge for gift-giving
- separate layers of fudge with wax or parchment paper
- cover and keep refrigerated
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Tint white fudge layer with red or green candy color
- Freeze fudge for a delicious frozen treat
- Top with peppermint starlight candy in place of candy canes
- Substitute milk chocolate chips for the bittersweet chocolate chips for an even sweeter fudge
How long is fudge good for?
You can keep fudge at room temperature in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
Fudge can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 3-4 weeks.
What is the best way to store homemade fudge?
The best way to store homemade fudge is at room temperature in an airtight container
How do you freeze fudge?
- Cut the fudge into bite-size pieces
- Wrap each piece in wax paper and then in foil
- Place in a freezer bag or airtight container
How long can you freeze fudge for?
Fudge can be frozen for about 3 months.
How to thaw fudge
It is best to thaw fudge in the refrigerator.
Keep the fudge wrapped when thawing in the refrigerator to prevent condensation from forming on the fudge.
Ingredients for peppermint fudge
- sweetened condensed milk
- bittersweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- red and green candy canes
- pure peppermint extract
Easy Holiday Dessert Recipes
Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies combine the flavors of chocolate and coffee in a decadent cookie for the holiday season. When deep rich chocolate cookie dough is flavored with espresso, studded with mini chocolate chips and rolled in festive holiday sprinkles, every bite is an indulgence. An easy cookie recipe to add to your baking list, this is definitely the best holiday cookie recipe around!
No-Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies are a twist on a holiday favorite! White chocolate surrounded by peppermint candy and chocolate cookies are guaranteed to be a hit on your holiday table! Peppermint Bark Cookies are an easy recipe to make as a last minute sweet treat!
Christmas Tree Brownies is an easy homemade brownie recipe that's a fun holiday treat. Simply cut brownies into triangles and decorate with a homemade buttercream frosting, candy canes, candy, sprinkles and edible glitter! Make Christmas even more fun and festive with our Christmas Brownies!
Both kids and adults will fall in love with these Peppermint Snowmen Brownies. An easy recipe for homemade brownies is topped with a creamy homemade peppermint buttercream frosting and candy snowmen! Snowman Brownies will surely become a holiday favorite in your house.
Reindeer Brownies is an easy recipe that will quickly become a holiday tradition that are so much fun for kids! Fudgy homemade brownies topped with a silky-smooth cocoa buttercream frosting come to life as Rudolph with sugar eyes, candy cane antlers and a bright red candy nose, of course!
The always popular red velvet cupcake has just become a cookie! Topped with a peppermint glaze and crushed candy canes, this easy cookie recipe bakes up into Peppermint Crunch Red Velvet Cookies! The holidays will be sweeter than ever!
Candy Cane Fudge
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine 1 can sweetened condensed milk and bittersweet chocolate chips. Microwave 1 minute at half power and then in 10 second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth and melted . Spread in prepared pan.
- Set aside 3 Tablespoons of crushed candy cane. In another microwave-safe bowl combine 1 can sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips. Microwave 1 minute at half power and then in 10 second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth and melted. Stir remaining candy canes into white chocolate mixture. Stir in peppermint extract. Carefully spread over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with reserved 3 Tablespoons crushed candy cane gently pressing into top of fudge.
- Refrigerate until set, about 8 hours. Cut into 36 pieces.
First Published: December 12, 2016...... Last Updated: October 20, 2021 for better readability and user experience