When you are born and raised in Jersey, as I am, summer is synonymous with going “down the shore” and enjoying fudge, taffy, arcade games and rides on the boardwalk. And this year Jersey is “Stronger Than The Storm”! So what better way to celebrate and welcome in summer than with homemade fudge? Both kids and adults won’t be able to resist this fudge with it’s layers of flavors and colors topped with sugar flip-flops and summer flowers! After all, who doesn’t love homemade fudge? Have a microwave? That’s all you need! Simply microwave white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, stir in flavors and colors, top with flip-flops and flowers and kick-off summer with a fabulously delicious sweet treat! Welcome Summer!
Welcome Summer! Tutti Frutti Fudge
2 cans (14 oz. each) sweetened condensed milk
2 pkgs. (12 oz. each) white chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsps. orange extract
orange candy color
1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
yellow candy color
1 Tbs. strawberry extract
pink candy color
sugar flowers and/or flip-flops*
1. Line 8-inch baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In large microwave safe bowl microwave sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips 1 minute on high; stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring after each interval. Timing will depend on the wattage of your microwave.
3. Divide mixture evenly in 3 bowls, about 1 1/3 cups mixture per bowl. In one bowl stir in orange extract and tint with orange candy color. Spread on bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until just beginning to set.
4. In another bowl stir in lemon extract and tint with yellow candy color. Spread evenly over orange layer to cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or until just beginning to set.
5. In remaining bowl stir in strawberry extract and tint with pink candy color. Spread evenly over lemon layer to cover; refrigerate until set, 8 hours – overnight.
6. Using foil overhang, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-inch squares.
Makes 64 pieces.
*Sugar flowers and flip-flops can be found in your arts & crafts store or you can order online. See my source guide. http://swirlsofflavor.com/source-guide/