Time to start thinking about Cinco de Mayo! Are you looking for a crowd-pleasing guacamole with just the right amount of kick? Chiptotle Guacamole gets it’s kick of spice from, you guessed it, Chipotle……all balanced out with the creaminess of Greek yogurt. Add in lime juice and zest and you’ve got a mighty fine guacamole that will be the hit of your Cinco de Mayo celebration!
All About Avocados
Check out these links from Haas avocados and you’ll be an avocado expert in no time at all!
Become a fan of the Hass Avocado Facebook page and you’ll always be “in the
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 (6 oz. ) container plain Greek yogurt, 2 Tbs. reserved
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- lime slice and cilantro leaves, optional garnish
- Mash 3 avocados. Stir in yogurt, lime juice, salt and chipotle until smooth and blended.
- Chop remaining avocado. Gently stir in chopped avocado, cilantro and lime zest.
- Garnish with reserved yogurt, lime slice and cilantro leaves. If desired, sprinkle with additional chilpotle. Serve with tortilla scoops.
Makes about 3 ½ cups