Chicken Street Tacos
Every bite of our Chicken Street Tacos is filled with flavorful marinated chicken, red onion, cilantro and fresh jalapeno slices.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 8 corn tortillas for tacos
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 jalapenos , sliced
- cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- Fresh tomato salsa , optional
Combine chicken, oil, lime juice and taco seasoning in a plastic food storage bag. Seal and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
Preheat grill for direct heat grilling.
Remove chicken from marinade, discard the marinade, and grill chicken until juices run clear, turning once. Let chicken stand 5 minutes then chop into bitesize pieces.
While the chicken is grilling, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook corn tortillas until lightly toasted, turning once.
To prepare tacos, arrange chicken, red onion, jalapeno slices and cilantro on tortillas.
Serve with lime wedges and fresh tomato salsa, if desired.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Make with boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Shred the chicken instead of chopping it
- Add your favorite taco toppings
- Feel free to toast the corn tortillas ahead, wrap in foil, and reheat on the grill while the chicken is cooking
- You can cook the chicken in a skillet or in the oven
- No fresh jalapenos? Just use canned pickled jalapenos instead
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg