Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
Our Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad combines an array of vegetable colors and flavors with pasta and alemony vinaigrette. This orzo pasta recipe with roasted vegetables and creamy feta cheese makes the perfect side dish on your dinner menu.
- 1 (8 oz.) zucchini , chopped, 2 cups
- 1 (6 oz.) yellow squash , chopped, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 (4 oz.) red onion , chopped, 1 3/4 cups
- 1 medium red bell pepper , chopped. 1 cup
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbs. olive oil , divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. orzo pasta , cooked, drained and cooled down with cold water
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved lengthwise
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 425F. Line large shallow baking sheet with edges with foil.
In large bowl toss zucchini, squash, onion, red pepper, 1 Tbs. olive oil, oregano and garlic powder. Arrange in even layer on prepared baking sheet.
Roast 25 minutes or until lightly browned and roasted.
In serving bowl whisk remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper until blended.
Add roasted vegetables, orzo, tomatoes, Feta and parsley; toss until evenly coated.
Yield: 7 cups
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Top with cooked chicken, beef or shrimp for a meal in a bowl
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled
- When doubling or tripling this recipe be sure to roast vegetables in batches in even layers. Piling vegetables all together on one baking sheet will cause them to steam and not roast and caramelize!
- Substitute your favorite vegetables
- Replace feta cheese with crumbled goat cheese
- Make our recipe with couscous or a small pasta shape
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled
- Recipe can be made one day ahead; just stir before serving
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 376mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 1mg