No need to call for take-out. You get to take all the credit for this delicious Sweet & Sour Ginger Chicken tonight! Simply Asia's Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning will simplify whipping up this saucy chicken with pineapple and radishes. Yes, radishes! Radishes add a crunchy texture and beautiful color to this dish. And no need to chop garlic and fresh ginger. Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning has all those flavors right there for you! Start cooking.....it's time to impress!
Sweet & Sour Ginger Chicken
2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice
2 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning, Simply Asia*
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1 Tbs. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in strips
1 small onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
1 red pepper, cut in strips, 1 cup
1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained
8 radishes, quartered, about 1 cup
1 scallion, sliced on diagonal, 1/4 cup
1 Tbs. chopped cilantro
brown rice noodles, such as Thai Kitchen stir-fry rice noodles*, serving suggestion
1. In bowl combine juice from pineapple chunks, soy sauce, Seasoning, cornstarch and 1/2 cup water. Stir until blended; reserve.
2. In large deep-sided non-stick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until opaque, 4-5 minutes, turning once. Transfer to dish and keep warm.
3. In same skillet cook onion, red pepper and water chestnuts until vegetables are just tender, 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add pineapple chunks, radishes and reserved chicken.
5. Stir in reserved juice mixture. Bring to boil.
6. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, 4-5 minutes.
7. Garnish with scallion and chopped cilantro. Serve with brown rice noodles, if desired.
Makes 4 servings; 6 cups chicken mixture without noodles.