Looking for a new pie to serve this holiday season? Cranberry Truffle Mixed Nut Pie is the perfect new addition to your dessert line-up! A take-off on the traditional pecan pie, I’ve added chocolate to the base, making every bite taste like a chocolate truffle filled with juicy cranberries bursting with Brandy sweetness. And assorted mixed nuts lend just the right amount of crunch. Get ready for raves reviews when you serve up Cranberry Truffle Mixed Nut Pie!
Cranberry Truffle Mixed Nut Pie
Half of 1 pkg. (11 oz.) pie crust mix
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1/3 cup Brandy
4 Tbs. butter
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups salted mixed nuts, divided
whipped topping & additional dried cranberries for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place a baking sheet on middle rack in oven.
2. Prepare pie crust mix according to package directions to make one pie crust. On lightly floured surface roll dough into 11-inch circle. Fit into 9-inch pie dish. Flute edges and refrigerate.
3. In microwave safe bowl combine cranberries and Brandy. Microwave until hot, about 1 minute. Let stand.
4. In another microwave safe bowl combine butter and chocolate. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Let stand.
5. In large bowl whisk eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar and chocolate mixture until smooth.
6. Stir in 1 cup mixed nuts and cranberry mixture. Pour into prepared pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mixed nuts.
7. Place pie dish directly on heated baking sheet in oven, this helps bottom of crust to bake. Bake 45 minutes or until edges are set.
8. Cool completely on wire rack.
9. Garnish with whipped topping and additional dried cranberries.
Makes 12 servings.