Valentine Sugar Cookies
With just a few basic ingredients, homemade sugar cookies bake up into crispy deliciousness. Dip them in melted chocolate, add Valentine sprinkles and our Valentine Sugar Cookies become a festive treat for those you love.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Beat butter and sugar until blended and fluffy.
Add flour and vanilla and beat until well combined.
Shape dough into 24 balls.
Arrange on a baking sheet 3-inches apart.
Place a small amount of sugar on a plate. Dip the bottom of a glass in water, then in the sugar. Press onto cookie dough balls to flatten to about 2-inches in diameter.
Bake 11 minutes or until edges are golden.
Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish for 1 minute. Stir until melted and smooth. Microwave at additional 10 seconds intervals if necessary, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth.
Dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate then sprinkle with valentine sprinkles.
Return cookies to the wire rack and let stand until the chocolate sets.
Makes 24 cookies
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Spoon flour into your measuring cup and level off with the flat end of a knife.
- To soften butter to room temperature, microwave at 10 second intervals, checking after each interval.
- Store cookies in a single layer in an airtight container.
- You can also arrange cookies in a single layer, top with wax paper or parchment paper and arrange another single layer of cookies on top. It is important to separate the cookies with a layer of wax paper or parchment paper.
- Cookies will stay fresh for about 2 days.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 2mg