Slow Cooker Mango Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
Slow Cooker Mango Barbecue Turkey Meatballs is an easy recipe that can be served as an appetizer or a main dish over pasta. Store bought turkey meatballs simmer in a mango salsa combined with a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce making each bite tangy and flavorful!
- 2 pkgs. (12 oz. each) frozen bite size turkey meatballs
- 1 jar (16 oz.) mango salsa , such as Newman’s Own
- 3/4 cup Sweet ‘N Spicy barbecue sauce , such as Sweet Baby Ray’s brand or your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley , optional
Place turkey meatballs in slow cooker.
In bowl combine salsa and barbecue sauce until blended. Pour over meatballs.
Cook 4 hours on low.
Serve in slow cooker or transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Makes 16 appetizer servings/ 3 meatballs per serving
* For a main dish, serve with hot cooked quinoa, cauliflower rice, brown rice, noodles or pasta.
Makes 8 main dish servings/6 meatballs per serving.
Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 72IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg