Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
Christmas morning and Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls go hand in hand. Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls is an easy recipe filled with brown sugar and gingerbread spices and topped with a silky cream cheese glaze.
Combine 2 cups flour, granulated sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
Microwave milk and butter until butter is melted and mixture is very warm, 128-130 degrees. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in eggs and add enough remaining flour until a dough forms.
On lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Roll dough into a 20 x 16-inch rectangle.
Combine melted butter and molasses and mixture brush on dough to cover.
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg and sprinkle over dough to cover.
Beginning at long end, roll up and pinch seam to seal. cut into 12 pieces.
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and arrange rolls, cut sides up in baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place 1 hour or until dough has doubled.
While dough is rising, preheat oven to 350F. After dough has risen, bake 25 minutes or until tops are golden.
Make Ahead Directions
Rolls can be prepared one day ahead and baked the next morning. Just follow these simple steps:
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Arrange unbaked rolls in prepared baking dish
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
- Before baking, let rolls come to room temperature and rise until doubled in a warm place, about 1 hour
- Bake as directed in recipe
- Add dried cranberries to the brown sugar filling
- Add mini chocolate chips to the dough before baking
- Add finely chopped crystallized ginger to the brown sugar filling
- Substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg and make pumpkin spice rolls
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 608IU | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg