Tortellini Pasta With Pancetta
Tortellini Pasta With Pancetta is studded with crispy bits of pancetta, sautéed tomatoes and fresh arugula and basil in a light buttery garlic white wine sauce.
- 1 (12 ounces) pkg. frozen or fresh cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces pancetta , chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , halved lengthwise, 2 cups
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 2 cups packed arugula leaves , about 2 ounces
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet cook pancetta over medium-high heat until crispy, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, remove pancetta and drain on paper towels.
In skillet with pancetta drippings, cook tomatoes, onion, garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper until mixture is tender, about 4 minutes.
Add wine and cook 1 minute.
Stir in butter and cook until butter is melted and a light sauce forms.
Stir in cooked tortellini, arugula and reserved pancetta.
Top with shredded Parmesan and sliced basil.
Recipe yields 6 cups:
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- 4 main dish servings (1 1/2 cups each)
- 8 side dish servings (3/4 cup each)
- Use meat filled tortellini
- Make with your favorite baby greens in place of the arugula
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 853mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4188IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 2mg