Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies combine a fudgy homemade brownie with peanut butter cups and a decadent peanut butter buttercream frosting!
In bowl combine melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended.
Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt until a batter forms. Cut 20 peanut butter cups into quarters and stir into batter.
Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and edges of brownie pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Using foil overhang, lift brownie out of pan and cool on wire rack.
In bowl combine softened butter and 6 Tablespoons peanut butter until blended. Stir in confectioners’ sugar until a creamy frosting forms. Spread frosting over top of cooled brownie.
Cut remaining peanut butter cups into quarters and arrange over frosting. Drizzle with hot fudge topping and remaining 2 Tablespoons peanut butter.
Cut into 16 pieces.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Change up the recipe and stir any of the following into the batter before baking:
- chocolate chips
- chopped peanut M&M candy
- M&M candy
- mini chocolate chips
- Mini M&M candy
- Top uncooked brownie batter with dollops of peanut butter and then bake
- Drizzle with both hot fudge and melted peanut butter
- Drizzle with melted peanut butter in place of the hot fudge
- Short on time? Top a store-bought brownie from the bakery with the homemade frosting
- Substitute a boxed brownie mix for the homemade brownie
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 657IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg