Italian Meatloaf Parmesan
Pesto, sundried tomatoes, cheeses and tomatoes combine with ground turkey for a mouthwatering Italian Meatloaf Parmesan.
Preheat oven to 375F.
In bowl combine ground turkey, egg, Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, sundried tomatoes, pesto, garlic, 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Mound the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape and arrange it on a large rimmed baking sheet with low sides.
In another bowl combine tomatoes, shallots and the remaining 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Arrange the tomato mixture around the meatloaf.
Roast for 45 minutes.
Top with shredded mozzarella, return meatloaf to the oven and roast an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and turkey is cooked through.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- You can easily make six mini meatloaves instead of one meatloaf
- Either homemade pesto or store bought pesto will both work well in this recipe
- Garnish with fresh parsley or fresh basil
- Substitute ground chicken for the ground turkey
- Substitute cherry tomatoes for the grape tomatoes
- You can use red onion in place of the shallots
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 751mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 2mg