Cornbread Pudding comes together in just minutes with basic kitchen ingredients. Made with the convenience of a jiffy corn muffin mix and two types of canned corn, every spoonful of this cornbread casserole will delight your tastebuds.
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8-cup baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine corn kernels and creamed corn.
Stir in sour cream and melted butter.
Add corn muffin mix and shredded cheese and stir until blended.
Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until golden around the edges. The center should have just a little bit of jiggle to it.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Combining the wet ingredients first and then adding in the dry ingredients makes it easier to stir this batter together
- Your corn casserole will be done when it is golden around the edges, the edges pull away slightly from the baking dish and the center of the casserole has a little bit of jiggle to it
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and scallions after baking
- Top with fresh jalapeno slices before or after baking
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce
- Substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream
- Substitute shredded MontereyJack cheese for the shredded cheddar cheese
- Substitute shredded mozzarella cheese for the shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir in minced fresh jalapenos for added heat
- Stir in canned pickled jalapenos
- Stir in chopped green chiles
- Add taco seasoning and use shredded taco cheese
- Add chile powder and cumin for a Mexican corn casserole
Make Ahead Directions
- Let your cornbread pudding come to room temperature, then you can cover and refrigerate.
- Your baked casserole will keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- You can make this jiffy corn pudding recipe up to 3 days ahead and then reheat it.
- Bake the casserole and let it come to room temperature before covering and refrigerating it.
- To reheat, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Microwave or reheat in the oven.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 653IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 1mg