No Yeast Beer Bread With Roasted Garlic
Homemade bread doesn’t get much easier than our No Yeast Beer Bread With Roasted Garlic. You can have a warm loaf of homemade bread, without kneading and with no yeast, in under an hour.
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine self-rising flour and brown sugar.
Add beer and mashed roasted garlic and stir until just combined and blended.
Transfer dough to the prepared loaf pan.
Bake 40 minutes or until golden and baked through.
Cool bread in the pan on a rack for 20 minutes. Then remove bread from the pan and let cool slightly and serve warm or cool completely.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Spoon flour into your measuring cup and then level with the flat side of a knife.
- Use your favorite beer to make this recipe
- You can use either light brown sugar or dark brown sugar. Dark brown sugar will give you a deeper flavor
- Brush the bread with melted butter as soon as it comes out of the oven for added deliciousness
- Let your beer come to room temperature
- Substitute all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt for the self-rising flour
- Substitute 2 teaspoons garlic powder for the roasted garlic.
- Substitute granulated sugar for the brown sugar
- You can substitute club soda or seltzer for the beer
Best beer for beer bread
You can use any beer to make your beer bread recipe, however, the flavor of the beer will add flavor to the bread.
- Stir in shredded cheese
- Add chopped parsley
- Stir in crumbled cooked bacon
- A stout beer will impart a deep bold flavor and will make the bread darker in color too
- A blonde ale beer will give you a light color bread and lend a subtler flavor.
- A flavored beer will add a hint of that flavor to your bread, such as an apple beer or a pumpkin beer.
- To store you bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Beer bread will last for several days at room temperature.
- To freeze the bread, first wrap it in plastic wrap, then wrap in foil and freeze. It will last in the freezer for about one month.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg