Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart With Prosciutto and Pesto
An Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart With Prosciutto and Pesto will be a welcome addition to your brunch menu.
- 1 cup spring pea pesto
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry , thawed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 12 ounces thin asparagus , trimmed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 slices prosciutto de parma , halved lengthwise
Preheat oven to 400F.
On lightly floured surface roll out puff pastry to 15-inch x 9-inch rectangle and transfer to baking sheet.
Brush ¼ cup pesto over pastry to within ½-inch of edges.
Fold edges over ¼-inch. Using fork press edges to seal.
Combine ricotta, egg, Parmesan cheese, kosher salt and pepper and spread over pesto.
Toss asparagus and olive oil and arrange over cheese mixture.
Bake 20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden and asparagus are tender.
Top with prosciutto and dollops of some of the remaining pesto. Serve remaining pesto on the side.
Makes 6 main dish servings or 15 appetizer servings.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil
- No time to make a homemade pesto? You can use a store bought pesto too!
- Be sure to use very thin asparagus so that they cook through
- Sprinkle grated lemon over the baked tart for a burst of citrus notes
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1523IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 3mg