Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread is the perfect side dish for your Cinco de Mayo celebration and Taco Tuesday dinners. Our easy cornbread recipe starts with a mix and a few stir-ins give it extra flavor and texture.
- 1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (8 oz.) sweet cream style golden corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar , divided
- 1 can (7.75 oz.) red or green jalapeno wheels , rinsed and drained
- 2 scallions , chopped
Preheat oven to 400F.
Line 9″ x 13″ baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
In bowl combine corn muffin mix, egg and milk until combined. Stir in corn and 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese until blended.
Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Top with jalapeno wheels, scallions and remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let stand 15 minutes.
Using foil overhang lift cornbread out of pan. Cut into 12 pieces.
Makes 12 servings.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tip
- Bake the cornbread batter in a cupcake pan and make jalapeno cornbread muffins!
- Not a fan of spicy jalapenos? Not a problem! Just substitute 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise, for a milder cornbread!
- Use shredded taco cheese in place of the cheddar cheese
Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg