Heart Shaped Brownies
Bake up some love and make our Heart Shaped Brownies! An easy homemade Valentine brownie recipe that you can stir up in a bowl becomes a message of love just with a cookie cutter.
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 11-inch by 7-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch foil overhang and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
In microwave-safe bowl melt butter.
Stir in sugar and cocoa powder until blended.
Add eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
Stir in flour and salt until a brownie batter forms.
Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool 10 minutes in pan. Using foil overhang, lift brownies out of pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out brownie hearts*. Turn heart cutter upside down every other heart to get the most brownie heart cut-outs.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Spoon flour into your measuring cup and level with the flat side of a knife.
- Drizzle cooled brownies with melted chocolate or hot fudge sauce
- Cut into different size heart shaped brownies
- Save brownie scraps and serve with ice cream
- Stir mini chocolate chips into the brownie batter
- Turn heart cutter upside down every other heart to get the most brownie heart cut-outs
- Top your brownie batter with Valentine sprinkles before baking
- Store your homemade brownies recipe at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Brownies will stay fresh for 2-3 days.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg