Baked Meatballs Parmesan
Baked Meatballs Parmesan is a cheesy, saucy, beefy recipe that will warm you up tonight! Serve over pasta or zucchini noodles, on a long roll as a meatball hero or just on it's own with a salad!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil + additional basil leaves for garnish
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano , drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella , 8 ounces
Preheat oven to 400F.
In bowl combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 2 Tbs. fresh basil, garlic and kosher salt.
Shape into 16 meatballs and arrange in single layer in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
In another bowl combine diced tomatoes (drained), tomato sauce and sugar. Pour over meatballs.
Bake 35 minutes.
Top with sliced fresh mozzarella and cook additional 5-10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is melted.
Top with additional fresh basil leaves.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips:
- Make recipe with ground turkey
- Make recipe with ground chicken
Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 1015mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 596IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 432mg | Iron: 3mg