Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe has all the flavors of jalapeno poppers without all the fuss of stuffing each jalapeno! Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses combine with green chiles, pickled jalapenos and seasonings in a cream cheese and mayonnaise base for a kicking good dip recipe!
- 1 loaf (about 1.5 lbs.) unsliced round or oval crusty bread
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese , at room temperature
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4.25 oz.) chopped green chiles
- ¼ cup pickled sliced jalapenos , chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 plum tomato , chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno , sliced and seeded
Preheat oven to 350F. Hollow out center of bread to within 1″ of edges; cut bread pieces into cubes. On baking sheet, bake bread bowl and bread cubes until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes.
Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and blended. Stir in Monterrey Jack cheese, green chiles, pickled jalapenos, chili powder and cumin.
Transfer into prepared bread bowl. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
Garnish with chopped tomato and fresh jalapeno slices. Serve with prepared bread cubes or tortilla chips.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tip
- No time to bake a bread bowl? Bake in a 4-cup baking dish and serve with tortilla scoops! So easy and still poppin' with flavor!
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg