Phyllo Wrapped Brandied Cranberry Baked Brie
Phyllo Wrapped Brandied Cranberry Baked Brie is an easy baked Brie recipe with a cranberry brandy topping wrapped in crispy layers of phyllo dough. A hint of rosemary and Dijon with a touch of spice finish off this classic holiday appetizer.
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened dried cranberries, from 1 (12 oz.) pkg.
- ½ cup Brandy or Cognac
- ½ cup hot pepper jelly
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary or ¼ tsp. dried crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 12 frozen phyllo sheets, thawed, from 1 (16 oz.) pkg.
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1 35.2 oz. (8” diameter) Brie wheel
Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
In microwave safe bowl combine cranberries and Brandy. Microwave 1-2 minutes or until hot. Stir in jelly, rosemary and Dijon. Let stand.
Meanwhile, reserve 1 Tbs. melted butter. Place one phyllo sheet on prepared baking sheet; brush with melted butter to coat; top with one phyllo sheet. Repeat with remaining butter and phyllo sheets.
Trim and discard rind from top of Brie. Place Brie, trimmed side up, in center of layered phyllo sheets. Spread cranberry mixture over top of Brie.
Bring corners of dough up over Brie leaving center uncovered. Brush with the reserved 1 Tablespoon butter.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden. Let stand 30 minutes-1 hour.
Transfer to serving plate. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve with apple slices, grapes and crackers.
Makes 12 servings.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Can’t find hot pepper jelly? Just stir a few red pepper flakes into your favorite jelly or jam
- Prefer not to make this recipe with alcohol? Feel free to use grape juice instead!
- Delicious when served with apple slices or pear slices
- Serve with your favorite crackers
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary make a beautiful presentation on your serving platter
- Substitute your favorite dried fruit for the cranberries, such as golden raisins or chopped dried apricots
- Make with apricot preserves in place of the hot pepper jelly
- Substitute red wine in place of the Brandy
Calories: 991kcal | Carbohydrates: 168g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1426mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 9mg