Baked Chicken And Vegetables
Baked Chicken And Vegetables isan easy casserole recipe filledwith chicken thighs, carrots and potatoes that roast in a buttery lemon garlicsauce with the perfect hint of oregano! Now that’s a fabulous comfort food recipe!
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. dried oregano , divided
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes , quartered, 3 cups
- 8 ounces baby carrots , 2 cups
- 1 onion , chopped, 1 cup
- 4 Tbs. butter , melted
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- flat leaf parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400F.
Season chicken thighs with 1 tsp. oregano. In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat cook chicken, skin side down, until browned, 7-8 minutes. Remove chicken, discarding fat drippings. In a large roasting pan or baking dish, toss potatoes, carrots and onions. Top with chicken, skin side up.
Combine butter, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, kosher salt, pepper and remaining 1 tsp. oregano. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
Bake 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear or meat thermometer reads 165F.
Garnish with flat leaf parsley leaves.
Makes 4 servings.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd! You will want to use an additional baking dish.
- You may need additional baking time for chicken juices to run clear and for your meat thermometer to reach 165F
- Substitute bone-in skin-on chicken breasts for the bone in skin-on chicken thighs
- Substitute Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite size pieces, for the baby red potatoes
- Substitute dried Italian seasoning for the dried oregano
- Substitute full size carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces, for the baby carrots
Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 517mg | Potassium: 1018mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8323IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 3mg