Homemade Sweet Potato Fries With Turmeric
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries With Turmeric is a side dish recipe that combine two superfoods, turmeric and sweet potato. Sweet Potato Fries aretossed with ginger, turmeric and paprika and oven roasted to perfection for adelicious flavor combination!
- 2 tsp. cornstarch (See recipe notes below to make it Whole30)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into French fry wedges (see photo above)
- 1 scallion, sliced on diagonal
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a wire rack.
Toss potatoes with cornstarch until evenly coated.
Combine olive oil, turmeric, ginger, paprika and kosher salt. Toss olive oil mixture with sweet potatoes until evenly coated.
Arrange sweet potatoes in single layer on wire rack on baking sheet.
Roast 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
Sprinkle with scallions.
Makes 4 servings.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Pat your sweet potato sticks with a paper towel before tossing in the seasonings to be sure they are dry
- Top with fresh cilantro leaves for added flavor
- Make It Whole30! Make it Whole30 by substituting arrowroot flour for the cornstarch.
- You can also line your baking sheet with foil in place of the parchment paper
- Substitute melted butter for the olive oil
- Substitute smoked paprika for the paprika for a smoky flavor
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 20159IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg