Pomegranate Lime Mint Julep Cocktail
Pomegranate Lime Mint Julep Cocktail! Bursting with Bourbon and fresh flavors and perfect for your Kentucky Derby party!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Total Time10 minutes mins
Cuisine: American, Southern
Keyword: Bourbon cocktail, mint julep cocktail
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves , chopped
- 4 lime slices , about 1/4″ thick
- 1 1/2 cups Bourbon
- 1 cup 100% Pomegranate juice , such as POM Wonderful
- 5 cups chilled ginger ale
- mint sprigs , for garnish
- lime slices , for garnish
In small saucepot over medium-high heat bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until sugar is dissolved and mixture is clear. Remove from heat.
Add chopped mint and lime slices to simple syrup. Let stand 1 hour until cooled.
Strain, discarding mint and lime. Chill syrup until ready to use.
In large pitcher combine prepared simple syrup, Bourbon and Pomegranate juice.
Just before serving add ice and ginger ale.
Garnish with additional fresh mint and lime slices.
Makes 8 cups.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Make recipe with lemon lime soda
- Add orange slices
- Use your favorite fruit juice in place of the pomegranate juice
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg