Potatoes, the perfect accompaniment to any dinner! Twice baked potatoes are an ideal way to prepare your spuds ahead and just heat up before serving, making them a welcome addition to a busy holiday meal. I always bake one extra potato for more potato filling and rub the potato skins with olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt! The potato skins will taste as wonderful as the filling! Buttery and cheesy, Twice Baked Cheddar Potatoes are lightened with Greek yogurt, giving them just a hint of tangy-ness too!
Twice Baked Cheddar Potatoes
5 baking potatoes, such as Idaho or Russet
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbs. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Rub potato skins with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. Arrange potatoes on baking sheet and bake 1 hour or until tender when squeezed. Let cool slightly.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
4. Cut potatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out potato to within 1/4-inch of skin. Discard skin from one potato. Arrange remaining potato shells on baking sheet.
5. In bowl mash scooped potato until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar, Greek yogurt, butter, garlic powder, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. kosher salt until blended. Spoon mixture into potato skins. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Bake until potato is heated through and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.