With Memorial Day quickly approaching it’s time to fire up the grill and get ready for gatherings in the warm outdoors! When you serve up Pesto Provolone Burgers Italiano with Balsamic Ketchup you’ll be the talk of the grilling season. Seasoned with a zesty Italian flavoring mix and sundried tomatoes these burgers are packed with flavor. Top them off with provolone, pesto and a homemade Balsamic ketchup and say hello to summer!
Pesto Provolone Burgers Italiano with Balsamic Ketchup
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbs. Balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 envelope (0.6 oz.) zesty Italian salad dressing & recipe mix, such as Good Seasons
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, patted dry, chopped
6 slices provolone cheese
3 Tbs. storebought pesto
fresh basil leaves, optional
6 ciabatta rolls
1. Preheat grill.
2. In small bowl combine ketchup and Balsamic vinegar; reserve.
3. Combine ground beef, zesty Italian seasoning mix and sundried tomatoes. Shape into 6 patties.
4. Grill to desired doneness, turning once and topping each burger with one slice provolone during last one minute of grilling. Ground beef will be medium-rare at 145F.
5. Top with pesto and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
6. Serve burgers on ciabatta rolls with Balsamic ketchup.
Makes 6 burgers.