At some point in time every cook makes the traditional standard Penne alla Vodka. Now it’s time for you to wow everyone with this twist on the all-time favorite! From now on they’ll be asking for your Pasta Shells alla Vodka with Proscuitto & Peas as their new favorite! The shell pasta catches the sauce so every bite is an explosion of Vodka Sauce and the prosciutto lends it’s amazing flavor to the dish. Oh yes, get ready…….this is going to be fabulously delicious!
Pasta Shells alla Vodka with Proscuitto & Peas
1 lb. shells pasta
1 pkg. (7 oz.) chopped prosciutto*
1 onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
2 plum tomatoes, chopped, 1 cup
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup vodka
1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook prosciutto and onion until onion is tender and prosciutto is lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is tender, 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add vodka. Cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in marinara sauce and peas. Cook until hot and bubbly, 4 minutes.
5. Stir in cream. Cook until heated through, 1 minute.
6. Serve pasta with sauce.
Makes 11 cups/8 servings.
*If prepackaged chopped prosciutto isn’t available in your grocery store just ask your deli man to cut you a 7-ounce piece of prosciutto, chop it into 1/4-inch pieces and you’re all set!