What could possibly be better than Key Lime Bars? Mojito Key Lime Bars! Just add fresh mint and you’ll have the flavors of summer and a Mojito together in a dessert bar. Even better, it’s non-alcoholic so everyone can enjoy a taste! Mojito Key Lime Bars are a great way to indulge in a sweet treat!
Mojito Key Lime Bars
1 (16.5 oz.) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
3 egg yolks
1 ¾ cups sugar
1 cup Key lime juice, from 1 (16 oz.) bottle
¼ cup cornstarch
¾ tsp. baking powder
25 drops green food coloring gel, about 1/2 teaspoon
1 Tbsp. lime zest
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
2 cups thawed whipped topping, from 1 (8 oz.) container
Green cake sparkles, Wilton
20 jelly lime slices OR thin slices of fresh lime
20 fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 13”x9” baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat generously with cooking spray.
2. Press cookie dough onto bottom of pan and 1-inch up sides of pan.
3. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. Meanwhile, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
5. In separate bowl combine key lime juice, cornstarch and baking powder. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
6. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add lime mixture to egg mixture. Add green color. Beat until blended.
7. Stir in zest and chopped mint.
8. Carefully pour mixture into baked crust and return to oven and bake additional 30 minutes or until set.
9. Cool in pan on wire rack. Using foil overhang, lift out of pan and cool completely on wire rack.
10. Cut into 20 bars. Top each bar with whipped topping, green cake sparkles, lime slices and mint, if desired.
Makes 20 servings.