Serving asparagus? Spring must be here! I’m always happy when I see bunches and bunches of gorgeous asparagus in the produce department. Yes, I will not deny it, I am a true foodie and get excited about beautiful food! And I’m excited about this super easy asparagus recipe that you’ll be proud to serve on your springtime holiday dinner table. There’s even a variation and both recipes are beautiful and fabulously delicious! Happy Spring!
Lemon Roasted Springtime Asparagus
1 lemon, thinly sliced, quartered
2 lbs. asparagus, trimmed
2 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line large shallow baking pan with foil.
2. Arrange lemon quarters in single layer on prepared pan.
3. Arrange asparagus evenly over lemon slices.
4. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Roast 20-25 minutes or until asparagus are tender.
Recipe can be halved to serve 4.
Lemon Parsley Panko Topping
Follow recipe above. While asparagus are roasting, in small nonstick skillet melt 1 Tbs. butter over medium-high heat. Stir in 1/4 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs; cook until lightly toasted and golden. Remove from heat; stir in 1 Tbs. chopped parsley and 1 Tbs. lemon zest. Sprinkle over roasted asparagus and serve.