I’ll never turn down a balsamic vinaigrette! Add honey and orange to it and I’m in heaven! I much prefer making my own salad dressings since there can be so much sugar and preservatives in store bought brands. Making your own vinaigrette is so easy and effortless and especially wonderful because you can control the amount of sweetener. Best of all, there are never any preservatives in my homemade vinaigrettes. Honey Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette is absolutely delicious tossed with a sliced pear, dried cranberries and mixed greens salad! Add crumbled blue cheese, pecans and croutons and you’ll be serving this one for holidays and entertaining too!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients and whisk, or shake in a jar, until thoroughly blended.
- Toss just enough with your favorite salad to lightly coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for another time. Vinaigrette will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups vinaigrette.