This post contains affiliate links. (Disclosure policy)
I’ll never turn down a balsamic vinaigrette! Add honey and orange to it and I’m in heaven! Honey Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette combines the perfect balance of sweetness with the crisp edginess of citrus notes. I much prefer making my own salad dressings since there can be so much sugar and preservatives in store bought brands. So easy and effortless, it’s especially wonderful to make your own because you get to create such deliciousness for your family and know you are giving them only good ingredients. Best of all, there are never any preservative chemicals in my homemade vinaigrettes. An added bonus is that they look so pretty served in a beautiful cruet or trendy mason jar! Honey Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette is the perfect compliment of flavors when tossed with a sliced pear, dried cranberries and mixed greens salad! Add crumbled blue cheese, pecans and croutons and you’ll be serving this one for holidays, entertaining and maybe even everyday too!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients and whisk, or shake in a jar, until thoroughly blended.
- Toss just enough with your favorite salad to lightly coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for another time. Vinaigrette will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups vinaigrette.