I’m not willing to admit that summer is coming to an end just yet. When I see the bounty of peaches at the farmer’s market and my local produce department I am assured that there’s still a little bit of summer left….if even just a few more days. Being a Jersey girl means being a Jersey peach lover! Jersey is 4th in the nation for peach production producing between sixty and sixty six million pounds of peaches a year which is about 33 thousand tons! And believe it or not, each and every single Jersey peach is picked by hand! Holy moly! I’m tired just writing about it! But not too tired to make this fabulously delicious Grilled Chipotle Chicken ‘N Peaches recipe and hang on to summer for just a little bit longer!
Grilled Chipotle Chicken ‘N Peaches
3 peaches, halved, pitted
1/2 cup sweet red chili dipping and all-purpose sauce, divided, such as Thai Kitchen
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. chipotle chile pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat grill for direct-heat grilling.
2. Brush cut sides of peaches with 2 Tbs. chili sauce. Grill, cut side down, until just tender, 3-4 minutes. Reserve.
3. Season chicken with kosher salt, chipotle and garlic pepper.
4. Grill chicken until juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 165F, turning once, and brushing chicken with half of remaining chili sauce during last 5 minutes of grilling time.
5. Remove chicken from grill and brush with remaining chili sauce.
6. Let chicken rest 5 minutes. Serve with reserved grilled peaches.
Makes 4 servings.