The Meatless Monday phenomenon is in full swing and that’s why Creamy Pesto Ravioli is perfect for your dinner tonight! Did you know that Meatless Monday has been around since 2003? And that Sir Paul McCartney, my childhood crush, got the movement started in England in 2009? And that it’s now an international observance in twenty nine countries? So join in! It’s good for your health. It’s good for your country. It’s good for your planet. And Creamy Pesto Ravioli is good for your taste buds!
Creamy Pesto Ravioli
1 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 pint (2 cups) orange and/or yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup Alfredo sauce, from 1 jar (15 oz.)
1/4 cup store bought pesto, Pesto Florentine OR Kale Pesto
1 pkg. (13 oz.) frozen mini cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
2 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Cook onion until just beginning to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 3-4 minutes until mixture is just tender. Reserve 1/2 cup tomato mixture.
3. Add white wine to remaining tomato mixture in skillet; boil 1 minute. Stir in Alfredo sauce and pesto until blended.
4. Add cooked ravioli, tossing until evenly coated. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer to serving dish. Top with reserved tomato mixture and sliced basil.
Makes 4 servings/4 cups.