Salmon fillets seasoned with just the right amount of spice and glazed over with honey and a touch of orange, hot off the grill, topped with pistachio butter that melts down over the fillets. Oh yeah, now that’s what I’m talking about…..mouth-watering deliciousness! Add to that the health benefits of promoting anti-inflammatory joint health, cognitive function, cancer prevention, cardiovascular health along with eye, skin and hair wellness and you’ve got a dinner that’s packed with powerful health benefits. And that’s just from the salmon! Did I mention that with pistachios you’re adding in potassium, Vitamin B6 and the cancer-fighting Vitamin E? Talk about dinner that’s abundant with vitamins, minerals and disease-fighting acids and fabulously delicious too! On a personal salmon side note, I have fond memories of my trip to Alaska where I got to go on an actual salmon fishing boat with an real Alaskan salmon fisherman and catch my very own salmon! I named her Sally. She was filleted, flash frozen and shipped back to New Jersey for me to enjoy with my family when I returned home. Such a treat! Talk about fresh out of the water! Be sure to buy wild salmon, not farm raised, so that you get all those amazing health benefits!
Chipotle Honey Glazed Salmon with Pistachio Butter
4 Tbs. butter, at room temperature
2 Tbs. finely chopped shelled pistachios
1 tsp. orange zest
2 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
4 salmon fillets, about 6 oz. each
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. chipotle chile pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 scallion, sliced on diagonal
1. Preheat grill for direct-heat grilling.
2. In small bowl combine butter, pistachios and orange zest. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Combine honey and orange juice; reserve.
4. Season salmon fillets with kosher salt, chipotle and garlic powder.
5. Grill salmon until opaque, firm and salmon flakes apart with a fork, turning once, and brushing with honey glaze during last 2-3 minutes of grilling.
6. Transfer salmon to serving dish. Sprinkle with scallion and serve with pistachio butter.
Makes 4 servings.