It’s finally warming up outside and the sun is happily shining! I can’t think of a better way to enjoy the fresh air and blooming flowers than brunch al fresco this weekend! Baked Omelet Florentine with Feta & Capers will soon become a favorite go-to recipe for both your indoor and outdoor dining experiences. No need to stand over the stove and tend to omelet making. Simply pop Omelet Florentine in the oven and it cooks itself! Now that’s what I call a relaxing brunch al fresco……and, you guessed it…..it’s fabulously delicious! Just add a pitcher of Mimosas and you’re all set! Breathe in the fresh air and sunshine this weekend and enjoy your omelet!
Baked Omelet Florentine with Feta & Capers
1 pkg. (9 oz.) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese, 1 cup
2 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
2 Tbs. capers, drained, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Coat 9″ x 13″ baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
2. In bowl combine eggs, creamed spinach, milk, oregano, salt and pepper, beating until blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 minutes or until eggs are set and cooked through.
4. Remove from oven. Top with cheese, onion and capers. Let stand 10 minutes.
5. Loosen edges of omelet and beginning at short end roll up omelet, removing parchment paper as you roll.
6. Arrange omelet, seam side down, on serving platter. Slice and serve!
Makes 6 servings.